Romero Games is home to a group of dedicated, fun and experienced game developers based in Galway, Ireland. We are building a vibrant, fun company culture that enhances the lives of those with whom we work. Everyone here is passionate about their craft. We create and develop the type of games that we love to play.
At present, we have two games in production across several platforms.
Who We Are
Everyone at Romero Games is here because we are passionate about making great games. For us, it is a calling. We are friends as well as co-workers. We hang out together, game together and support one another at work and in our independent projects. We cultivate a culture of learning and camaraderie, and we deliberately seek out the best individuals to join us. We also deeply believe in the Irish game dev scene and support it through events, speaking and service at schools and in the community.
We also believe in diversity. Romero Games is founded by a Cherokee and Yaqui Indian as well as a female tech leader. This is reflected in our games and in our company culture.
Consistently ranked among the top cities in the world!
At some point, you realise you can make games anywhere, and it’s then that you ask yourself those quality-of-life questions. Is this a great place for families? Does it have an amazing nightlife? Is it rich, historic and safe? Does it have amazing educational institutions? Does it have a hardcore tech scene? Is it incredibly beautiful?
If it was good enough for Luke Skywalker, it’s good enough for us, too. With all Galway has to offer, it’s amazingly affordable, too.
World’s Friendliest City, Travel + Leisure
European Capital of Culture
Most Diverse City in Ireland, The Irish Times
Top 25 European Cities of the Future, Financial Times
Galway Named European Region of Gastronomy
Med-Tech Capital of Europe
36 Hours in Galway, New York Times
Galway is home to 75,000 people, with 25% coming from international locations. As such, it’s incredibly welcoming and friendly. Galway is home to dozens of major tech companies such as Electronic Arts, Oracle, Cisco, HP and SAP as well as over a dozen independent game companies. Galway also has vibrant incubation spaces for entrepreneurs.
Romero Games Ltd is looking for a SENIOR 3D ARTIST to join our team on a full-time basis. Help us create unique assets for titles developed for current-generation home video game consoles and PC. We are looking for an individual with senior-level experience, but open to mid-level experience with exceptional talent and a true passion for creating cutting edge 3D art. Preference for an artist who is skilled in both Environment and Character art, but open to a focus on one or the other as well.
Please note: This is not an entry level position.
- Create high-quality character and/or environment and prop models
- Sculpt & model highly detailed geometry
- Retopologize geometry for use as game ready models
- Create high-quality textures for use in a PBR workflow
- Transfer high-resolution model detail to game ready texture maps
- Apply and modify cutting edge material techniques
- Layout efficient and quality UVs
- If character focused, maintain character functionality and animation ability throughout the model iteration process
- Develop and learn the latest art creation technologies
- Collaborate with fellow artists, Team Leads, and our Engineering and Design departments to produce the highest quality game assets
Skills & Requirements
- Expert level sculpting skills in ZBrush
- Expert knowledge of Maya modeling tools
- Knowledge of Photoshop for texturing
- Full understanding of game workflows and pipelines
- A desire to learn new techniques and technologies
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Drawing/painting skills to help convey ideas
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the games industry with at least one shipped title (excluding academic projects)
- A portfolio reflecting high-quality game art
- Ability to work onsite in our office in Galway, Ireland
- Must be an EU resident
- Experience with Allegorithmic Substance
- Experience with Unity preferred
- If character focused: Understanding of character skeleton and skinning techniques
Email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org