Romero Games is home to a group of dedicated, fun and experienced game developers based in Galway, Ireland. We are building a vibrant, fun company culture that enhances the lives of those with whom we work. Everyone here is passionate about their craft. We create and develop the type of games that we love to play.
At present, we have three games in production across the full range of platforms.
Who We Are
Everyone at Romero Games is here because we are passionate about making great games. For us, it is a calling. We are friends as well as co-workers. We hang out together, game together and support one another at work and in our independent projects. We cultivate a culture of learning and camaraderie, and we deliberately seek out the best individuals to join us. We also deeply believe in the Irish game dev scene and support it through events, speaking and service at schools and in the community.
We also believe in diversity. Romero Games is founded by a Cherokee and Yaqui Indian as well as a female tech leader. This is reflected in our games and in our company culture.
Consistently ranked among the top cities in the world!
At some point, you realise you can make games anywhere, and it’s then that you ask yourself those quality-of-life questions. Is this a great place for families? Does it have an amazing nightlife? Is it rich, historic and safe? Does it have amazing educational institutions? Does it have a hardcore tech scene? Is it incredibly beautiful?
If it was good enough for Luke Skywalker, it’s good enough for us, too. With all Galway has to offer, it’s amazingly affordable, too.
World’s Friendliest City, Travel + Leisure
European Capital of Culture
Most Diverse City in Ireland, The Irish Times
Top 25 European Cities of the Future, Financial Times
Galway Named European Region of Gastronomy
Med-Tech Capital of Europe
36 Hours in Galway, New York Times
Galway is home to 75,000 people, with 25% coming from international locations. As such, it’s incredibly welcoming and friendly. Galway is home to dozens of major tech companies such as Electronic Arts, Oracle, Cisco, HP and SAP as well as over a dozen independent game companies. Galway also has vibrant incubation spaces for entrepreneurs.
Romero Games is looking for the best engineers, animators and artists for its upcoming AAA games.
- Excellent pay.
- 4 weeks off per year.
- Royalty plan on successful games based on seniority and time on the team.
- Relocation covered and transition/return assistance provided.
- Private health insurance.
- All in-office snacks are organic, healthy and sourced from local suppliers (but yes, studio members can request whatever they like).
- Extended maternity and paternity leave.
- Weekly code lessons for studio member’s kids of all ages.
- Family board game nights.
- Dedicated in-studio training through our industry expert speaker and seminar series.
- Monthly muse gatherings with domain experts from a wide range of disciplines from art history to woodworking to medieval economies.
- Complimentary GDCVault.com access.
- Complimentary Lynda.com online training.
- Excellent lending library of games, consoles and game dev books.
- Ideal location in the heart of Galway City.
- Donations to charities are matched.
- Events held at local restaurants with local ownership.
- Board game nights with a ridiculous board game collection.
- D&D group.
- LAN games.
- Deathmatch tournaments.